Payless Terms and Conditions
Renter must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and a credit card in his/her oFroadsidwn name. Minimum renting age for subsequent car groups applied: A, B, D, E - age of 21, K, L - age of 25. Young driver surcharge 40$ per rental per driver applies to main driver and additional drivers under age described above. It is also applicable to renters, whose do not have 2-year driving experience. Underage surcharge will not appear in total pricing on the reservation.
The additional authorized drivers must meet the minimum age requirements and present a valid driver’s license valid for 2 years. All policies that apply to the renter will also apply for each extra driver.
Additional Driver fee is 6$ per day and maximum 30$ per rental.
After Hours / Meet Late Arrival
40$ late hours service fee applies per pick-up/drop-off. Operation hours shown in locations information. The fee will appear in total pricing on the reservation. In case of late hours service is required, costumers have to grant credit card and flight information. After hours returns permitted in most instances, please contact Payless Ukraine directly for details.
All car groups may be rented one-way and the fees quoted at the time of reservation. One-way fees are added additionally. Other one-way rentals information on quote. Valid within the country. One way outside of Ukraine is not available.
Table of surcharge will apply described below.
|Station||Kiev||Dnepr||Odessa||Kharkov||Lviv||Uzgorod||Ivano-Frankivsk||Zhulyany Airport||Borispol Airport||Vinnitsa Airport||Kherson Airport||Zaporizhia Airport|
Optional Equipment and Services
- GPS Navigation (Garmin) 3$ per day. Personal responsibility in case of lost or damage 90$.
- Wi-Fi Router 4$ per day. Personal responsibility in case of lost or damage 85$.
- Child Safety Seat, Child Booster Seat 6$ per day. Personal responsibility in case of lost or damage 135$.
- Delivery and collection within city limits 25$ per case.
- Diesel or selected car guaranteed 15$ per rental.
- Ski-Box or Roof-rack not available.
Roadside Assistance Program
No matter where the road takes you, drive confidently with Payless Roadside SafetyNet Service. Whether you experience operating difficulties with your rental vehicle, lock your keys in the car, or run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. Avoid the hassle and get back on the road fast, especially when you're in an unfamiliar city. Enjoy helpful emergency services that include:
- Key Replacement - Get replacement keys or locksmith assistance.
- Lockout Service - Gain entry when keys are locked inside the vehicle.
- Jump Start - If your vehicle experiences battery failure, we'll provide a jump start.
- Flat Tire Assistance & Replacement - We'll replace a flat or damaged tire with the spare, or get the car towed to the nearest service facility.
- Fuel Delivery - If you run out of gas, we'll deliver up to 10l to your location.
You may purchase RSN at Payless Counter only for 4$ per day, maximum 40$ per rental.
Fuel Policies/Refueling Charges
All rental cars given with a full tank of fuel. In case of returning the vehicle with missing fuel, refueling is 1.8$ per liter. Prepaid fuel is optional at Payless counter with 1,02$ per liter as an regular fuel station prices.
Cross Border Rentals
Cross border rentals allowed only on request, and cars must be return to Ukraine. The request must be made at least 3 days in advance. The rented car can stay abroad not exceeding 15 days limit.
Cross border rental fee USD 95.00 per rental.
Each rent is followed with prepayment in the form of blocking the estimated amount of the rental plus a security deposit on the credit card. Credit card accepted: American Express, Visa (except Visa Electron), MasterCard (Except MasterCard Maestro). Credit Cards must display the renter’s name, if renter present nameless card, he must provide a bank certificate which confirm the cardholder. Cash deposits are not accepted. Amount of security deposit is $500 for a car groups A, B, $700 for car groups D, E, $1000 for car groups L, K.
Mileage limit is 220km/ per day. Cost of overmileage is 0,20$/km for car groups A, B; 0,24$/km for car group D, E; 0,22$/km for car group G; 0,36$/km for car group K; 0,30$ for car group L. You may purchase unlimited mileage option only for 4$/day for car group A, B, 5$/day for car group D, E, G, 8$/day for car group K, 6$/day for car group L.
Responsibility for Vehicle
All risks regarding the Car as a source of increased risk shall be transferred to the Renter in the moment of Car transfer to the Renter. The Renter shall bear liability as established by laws before the Payless and third parties for causing them any harm, damage in the process of using the Car. The Renter undertakes and is fully liable to Payless for damage, destruction or theft of the car regardless the Driver’s fault in the amount of damages or the full cost of the car.
The basic rental rate includes the reduction of Your personal responsibility to Payless. Your personal responsibility can be lowered for additional charge.
Reduction of amount of Your liability is shown in the table below:
|Car GRP||Class||Make Model or similar Payless||Basic||Medium||Super|
|Respon sibility||Blocking amount (preauthorization)||Respon sibility||Blocking amount (preauthorization)||Rate per day||Respon sibility||Blocking amount (preauthorization)||Rate per day|
|A||mini||Nissan Micra MT||$300||$300||$150||$150||$11||$0||$100||$14|
|B||economy||Peugeot 208 MT||$300||$300||$150||$150||$12||$0||$100||$15|
|D||intermediate||Hyundai I30 MT||$500||$500||$250||$250||$15||$0||$150||$18|
|E||intermediate automatic||Hyundai I30 AT||$500||$500||$250||$250||$16||$0||$150||$19|
|G||economy wagon||Renault Logan MCV MT||$300||$300||$150||$150||$14||$0||$150||$17|
|K||full size van||Renault Trafic Combi (8+1) MT||$1 000||$1 000||$500||$500||$20||$0||$200||$25|
|L||4X4 Intermediate automatic||Suzuki Grand Vitara AT||$1 000||$1 000||$500||$500||$20||$0||$200||$25|
Reduction of Your responsibility doesn't valid for wheels damages. You can buy this extra option to any package.
The reduction of responsibility is valid only under appropriate execution by the Renter of the Rental Agreement’s conditions.
Damage administrative fee 10$ applied per each case of road any damage on the rented vehicle.
Reduction of Your responsibility for wheels damage
Your personal responsibility for tires damage can be lowered to 0,00USD for additional charge in amount 7$ for car groups A-B, 9$ for car groups D-E, 8$ for car group G, 12$ for car group K, 10$ for car group L. You may purchase it locally to remove the liable for tires damage. Just ask at the Payless rental desk when you collect your car.
Reduction of Your responsibility for glass damage
Your personal responsibility for glass damage can be lowered to 0,00USD for additional charge in amount 3$ for car groups A-B, 4$ for car groups D-G, 6$ for car groups K-L. You may purchase it locally to remove the liable for glass damage. Just ask at the Payless rental desk when you collect your car.
Procedure in case of any accident related to damage or theft of the Car
In case of any car accident the Renter must protect interests of Payless and not leave the place of incident; immediately inform the representative of Payless about accident indicating reliable information about time, place and circumstances of the accident; immediately inform the police and do not leave the place of incident until all necessary documents related to the accident will be issued, except cases provided by Traffic regulations; within 24 hours from the moment of accident provide Payless with the following documents: the copy of the accident scheme (or other document of the competent authority confirming the fact of accident), written explanation of the accident’s circumstance, copy of driver's license. In case of Car’s theft additionally: to submit a written application on Misappropriation of the Car to the police; within 24 hours from the moment of accident provide Payless with the copy of statement submitted to the police with a mark of its acceptance, the original extract from the Unified Register of Pre-Trial Investigations (certificate) of the preliminary investigation bodies related to carrying out the preliminary investigation upon misappropriation of the Car, to return the sets of keys from the Car and registration certificate of the vehicle for the Car to Payless. In case of failure to comply with these requirements the Renter is fully liable for damage or theft of the Car.
Restriction of Usage car and The Renter’s responsibilities
The Renter shall look after the Car and take the necessary measures for saving, to use appropriate type of fuel, to comply traffic regulations of Ukraine. In case of loss of keys or registration certificate of the vehicle, the Renter must inform Payless immediately.
To control the technical condition of the Car and immediately notify the Payless in case of each damage or defect. The use of faulty Car is PROHIBITED.
The Renter and drivers are prohibited to use the Car in cases:
- in the way different from the manufacture’s requirements and traffic regulations;
- for racing or competition in speed, and for testing the maximum technical capacity of the Car;
- to carry passengers for money;
- being alcohol intoxicated or under influence of drugs or toxic substances, being in disease state, in state of fatigue, as well as being under influence of medicines reducing the reaction speed and attention;
- on roads with absent solid surfacing and/or deep puddles/water barriers;
- outside the territory of Ukraine, or in areas which are temporarily outside the control of Ukrainian State authorities without the written permission of the Payless;
- to pawn the Car, to provide it for subleasing or using/driving by persons not specified in the Agreement.
In case of violation of this Terms & Conditions by the Renter Payless is entitled to terminate the Agreement unilaterally and take measures to return the Car in any way including an appeal to the police to submit a written application on Misappropriation of the Car and to require the reimbursement from the Renter.
If the Renter violets the Car return terms Payless is entitled to charge the Renter for every day of delay regardless of the reason of such delay.
In case the Renter returns the Car before expiry Payless is entitled to review the daily rate according to the actual rental period with recalculation of the payments under the Agreement.
Taxes and Fees
- 20% VAT included in all shown quotations
- 30$ Airport Surcharge in Boryspol, Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Zhylyany, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kherson, Vinnitsa, Zaporizhia per rental.
- 100$ Don’t returned documents fee/ Lost documents. When you return the vehicle please do not forget to give us back vehicle documents, otherwise you will be charged missing fee.
- 17$ Lost insurance certificate. When you return the vehicle please do not forget to give us back vehicle insurance certificate, otherwise you will be charged missing fee.
- 50$ fee applies if Lost number plate.
- Not completed Payless bag / Lost bag. In case if vehicle returned with not completed bag the fee is 15$, lost bag the fee is 55$.
- 10$ Cleaning interior per 1 detail, maximum 60$
- Smoking fee. Payless has initiated an enhanced inspection process to help ensure a pleasant rental experience for all. Each vehicle will be confirmed “smoke-free” when it is provided to a customer. Upon its return, it will be inspected. If it is determined that the vehicle must be cleaned of smoke odor and residue the renter will be assessed a fee of 50$ in case if it is determined burned seat or other part of interior, the renter will be assessed a fee of 150$.
- 15$ Car washing. The fee applied to renter, if car returned in very dirty condition.
A mandatory winterized fee applies to all rentals from 15 October until 15 April to cover winter equipment of the vehicles. This fee is 2$ per day and includes winter tires, ice scrapers and winter washer fluid glass.
Parking / Traffic Violations
You are responsible for paying all parking and traffic violations incurred while using the vehicle. If you incur a violation during the rental, Payless will process and bill you for fines associated with the violations. In addition to any violation fees you will also be charged a administrative charge of 20 USD per violation. These items will be billed directly to the Credit Card you used for the rental transaction.
Phone and e-mail
Minimal rental term is 24 hours. Rental time starts from the moment Renter receives a car and counts on the 24-hour basis. The customer receives a 1 hour grace period. If he/she keeps the vehicle after this time, an daily rate will apply for one more rental day.
International driver’s license required for licenses in non-Latin alphabet and for countries that have not joined the convention on road traffic at Vienna on 8th of November 1968.
Booking time and Reservation Hold Policy (formally known as ‘Hold Policy’)
The booking should be done at least 12hours before time of check out. In case of bookings in last minute please contact Payless by phone or e-mail.
It is the policy of Payless to have available car according to reservation during 3 hours from time of the scheduled arrival.